Friday, April 20, 2012

Festive Friday #15 - Inspiration Photo

Hi everyone, it's time for another Festive Friday and this time we are focusing on Mother's Day cards, as it's only a few week away here in Oz. For this weeks challenge we have an inspiration photo for you.


I loved this photo! Tulips are my favourite flower and the soft tones are just beautiful. However, when looking through my stamps, I dont own anything that remotely resembles a tulip, so I pulled out 'Field Flowers'. The colours I used were crumb cake, pink pirouette, certainly celery, rose red, so saffron and very vanilla. To get the two toned look on the flowers, I stamped off the base stamp once so it's a little lighter and then inked the detailed stamp using my stamp-a-ma-jig to line it up perfectly. I used my sponge dauber to add so saffron to the centers. I fussy cut all of the flowers and popped them up on dimensionals. The sentiment is from field flowers as well.   


So now it's over to you. Go and check out  Nicole's blog to see the amazing creations the design team have come up with and join in on the fun!

Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card! Those flowers look so vibrant and 3-D!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my little corner of blog land! I love reading your comments and greatly appreciate them :)
Have a great day!