Saturday, September 24, 2011

Just Add Ink 86 - Sketch Challenge

Over at Just Add Ink they have a sketch for this weeks challenge. I must admit I struggled with this one, I looked at it from all different angles and nothing 'poped'. So, I decided to keep it as is and came up with this:




I'm still not too sure about it. I'm not one to use much bling and as you can see, there's a lot! I actually had a rhinestone flourish in my stash, and just cut it up and tucked it behind my circle until I was happy. The circle originally had no hearts around it, but it was looking a little bland, so I added the hearts from the owl builder and glued 2 mm rhinestones on every second heart. The cakes are coloured using my blender pen and I used my staz on for the sentiment, as I think it gives it a richer black. My main colours are marina mist, so saffron, certainly celery and rose red.

Heres the sketch:

Thanks for looking and have a great rest of the weekend!

5 comments:

  1. I really like this card and especially your rhinestone flourishes. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous - and oh how I love the bling! And the colours are so yummy and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card and I am loving the bling! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Add Ink :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - the heart border around the sentiment circle is gorgeous, Sarah! This is a beautiful, bright, happy card. Great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The border of hearts is such a great idea Sarah. I love the way you've coloured the cakes too. It is a very "happy" and sweet card :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my little corner of blog land! I love reading your comments and greatly appreciate them :)
Have a great day!