Friday, June 1, 2012

Festive Friday #21 - Colour Challenge

Good morning! We have a great colour challenge for you, for this weeks Festive Friday.


Nicole set the colour of baja breeze, cajun craze, basic grey and either whisper white or very vanilla. Now when I was given this challenge, I sat for a very long time to be 'inspired', then I would think I had an idea and tried it out, only to have it look 'yuck'. Eventually after many pain staking hours I came up with this:


Looking at it now, it looks so simple and doesn't warrant the hours I spent on it! I think these colours together really threw me :)

I used baja breeze for my base and ran a piece of baja breeze through my big shot with the square lattice EB folder. I used cajun craze dsp to create a poinsettia looking flower, by using my blossom petals builder punch. I added a basic grey circle for the middle and highlighted it with my white gel pen. The white mat behind the flower is stamped with 'French Script' in basic grey and is slightly sponged around the edges. The sentiment is from 'Short and Sweet', a little bit of basic grey ribbon and I was done! Whew!

If you feel inspired, go past Nicole's blog and check out all the other great creations from the design team and join in on the fun!

Thanks for looking :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my little corner of blog land! I love reading your comments and greatly appreciate them :)
Have a great day!